Your skills and continued service are valuable to us.
Metro is seeking active military personnel and veterans to fulfill roles in LA County’s ever-growing transportation industry.
At Metro, we recognize that translating your military skills to transitioning to civilian life can be a difficult process. But Metro CEO Phil Washington is committed to supporting veterans and their families. We’ve established a veteran hiring initiative with the goal of placing veterans as 6% of our workforce. And we’re reaching out to local communities and surrounding areas to provide information on rewarding and challenging career opportunities in transportation.
Metro has also launched the Military Skills Translator (MST) tool. The MST is a tool you can use to find employment opportunities at Metro that you are best qualified for, based on your military experience. We urge you to take a look.
HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration Award
Metro is proudly recognized as a HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration Award recipient. The HIRE Vets Medallion Program is the only federal-level award for veterans’ employment. This award acknowledges Metro’s efforts in recruiting, employing, and retaining our nation’s veterans.
- 08-- Veterans Day luncheon , 11am - 1:30pm
- 02—Los Angeles REC BN Organization Day
- 14—LA Veteran Collaborative/ The California Endowment Center 9am-1pm
- 28—Inland Empire 19th Annual Diversity Employment Career Fair/ Double Tree Hilton Ontario Airport/ 11am-3pm
- 10—LA Veteran Collaborative/ The California Endowment Center 9am-1pm
- 17—San Gabriel Valley HOT JOBS Hiring Spree/ LACOE Workforce Center/ 9am-2pm
- 17—Anaheim Job Fair-Hiring Event/ Holiday Inn & Suites/ 11am-4pm
- 18—Los Angeles Job Fair Hiring Event & Careers Fair Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport/ 11am-4pm
- 24—Long Beach Career Fair/ Long Beach Marriott/ 11:30am-4pm
- 31—Orange County 19th Diversity Employment Day Career fair/ Business Expo Center, Anaheim, CA/ 11am-3pm
- 6—75th Anniversary of D-Day/ American Legion in Hollywood 6-9pm
- 12—LA Veteran Collaborative/ The California Endowment Center 9am-1pm
- 13—LGBTQ Veterans Inclusion Forum/ Los Angeles LGBTQ Center 10am-2pm
- 13—Independence Day Hiring Spree/ Van Nuys, CA/ 9am-2pm
- 15—Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP)/ Long Beach
- 20—Starting Over Hiring Fair/ Riverside, CA/ 9am-3pm
- 22—CALVET Job Fair/ 11500 Nimitz Avenue
- 26—Metro & Collaborative Partners Veteran Employment Fair/ Carson Civic Center 10am-1pm
- 29—Veterans Empowerment Training Session/ 5938 Parkcrest Street, Long Beach 9am-2pm