Riding with Children
Two children under the age of five can travel for free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail. Children age five and over must pay fare in order to ride. Regular fare is $1.75 and is good for 2 hrs of unlimited transfers in one direction.
Ride with a TAP card
If paying with a TAP card, each passenger must have their own TAP card. TAP cards are non-transferable, even within family members.
Reduced fares are available for children in K-12 . You must have a K-12 Student TAP card in order to get the reduced fare.
Keep your family safe
- Don’t allow your children to play near buses, trains or tracks: pushing and shoving can cause accidents.
- Hold onto your child when a train or bus approaches.
- Never let your children run after or next to a moving bus or train.
- Passengers must keep all parts of their body inside the bus.
- Hold onto your children upon boarding and exiting trains and buses.