You may qualify for a College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP card!
Eligible applicants will receive a special TAP card and qualify for reduced-rate monthly passes. Proof of enrollment in 12 units or more is required.
See if your school is a U-Pass participant . You could qualify for even lower rate.
The Universal College Student Transit Pass (U-Pass) Program was launched in 2016 for Colleges, Universities and Trade Schools to increase college transit ridership and create a new generation of transit riders. This reduced-fare transit pass offers students unlimited rides on Metro’s rail/bus lines and other transit agencies.
Key factors of the U-Pass program include:
- Streamlining online registration process
- TAP chip RFID stickers applied to student IDs
- Passes available on campus and ready to use
- No minimum unit requirement
- School only billed for actual boardings @ $0.75 each
- Reimbursement agreements with multiple transit agencies in LA County
- Nineteen 19) participating community colleges, universities, and trade schools participating, with more on the way.
Additional information on the U-Pass Program:
- Board of Directors presentation
- U-Pass Program fact sheet
- FAQ's for students
- U-Pass participation contact list
Administrators : If your school is interested in participating, please see the Administrator FAQ's
Students : If you’d like to help bring U-Pass to your school, fill out a short survey
Showing the latest posts relating to:Search Results for “College Life” – The Source