Metro operates one of the nation’s largest transportation networks – and it’s growing, with one of the largest public works programs in US history. Join Metro’s team of transportation professionals and be part of moving Los Angeles County into the future.
Metro provides its employees with exciting challenges and growth opportunities.
Metro offers its employees competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package*.
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Pension Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation and 401 (K) Thrift Saving Plans
- Tuition and professional development assistance
- In-house training programs
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Transit passes for employees and/or eligible dependents
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, or disability.
*See job listings for specific benefit packages. This information is under the 'benefits' tab in each job bulletin.
Interested in Joining Us?
Metro updates job listings on a daily basis. Review position details and note the following:
Is the position External or Internal?
External means that the recruitment is open to the public and all Metro employees.
Internal means that the recruitment is restricted to Metro employees and current temporary employees who have at least six months of continuous employment with Metro. This can also mean recruitment is limited to specific union employees currently working for Metro.
What’s the title of the position?
Metro has a variety of positions across many departments. The job title will include both the level and functional area of the position.
When does the posting close?
All positions will close at 5pm (PST) on the date listed. If a position shows “open” that means the posting can close at any point in time.
Important to note on a job description:
- Example of Duties – Provides insight on typical assignments and tasks. Please note that this is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- Minimum Requirements – These are used by our Analysts to determine which applicants best meet position qualifications
- Review your background (qualifications, experience, skills) as they must correspond to the required job opportunity of interest.
Our application process includes a few steps. Follow the instructions below:
1. Are you a new user? Create a profile before submitting your application.
Setup or update your profile with your work experience, education and certificates/licenses before applying for a job.
2. Are you an existing user? Log in and edit your application before submitting.
Editing and updating your profile every time you apply for a different position is important.
3. Once you’ve completed/updated your profile, you can now submit your application.
Click on the job title of the position you want to apply for and click on the 'apply' button. Changes you make to your profile while completing your application will only be reflected on that application. Your original profile will remain unchanged. Ensure your application is complete and accurate before submitting it. Once you click on the 'accept' button, your application is final and cannot be revised.
What happens now?
Each position is uniquely its own and process can vary, but the below outlines the typical progression for each application after it is submitted.
After an application is submitted, an automated response is sent to confirm receipt. From there, Metro Talent Acquisition will review and determine an applicant's qualifications. Metro will contact you directly if you’re qualified to move forward in the selection process.
Depending on the position, the next step could be any of the following:
- Multiple Choice Test
- Written Exam
- Typing Test
- Performance Exam
- Lifting Test
- Appraisal Interview
All Metro job postings, unless stated otherwise, establish a Qualified Candidate Pool/Eligibility List. These pools/lists may be used to fill current and or future vacancies in that particular classification.
Hiring decisions are made by the hiring department in conjunction with Metro Talent Acquisition. An analyst from Talent Acquisition will notify the selected candidate and initiate the hiring process. Recommended candidates will need to complete a satisfactory pre-employment background investigation.
Once a selected candidate has passed all pre-employment screenings, he or she will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with an official job offer.