LOS ANGELES, (January 26, 2023) – The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LA Metro) will host five public hearings Feb. 15 through 25 to receive public input and feedback on the C Line (Green) Extension to Torrance Project.
Metro has released its Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to begin a public review period from Thursday, Jan. 26 to Monday, March 27. Public comments and questions will be documented and responded to in the Final EIR, which is anticipated to be released in 2024. The project schedule will be updated when the Metro Board approves a Locally Preferred Alternative later this year.
The new transit project, funded by the 2008 Measure R and 2016 Measure M transportation sales tax measures, will connect the South Bay to Metro’s expanding rail transit network and provide faster and more efficient access to the region, including LAX, via the newly opened Metro K Line. Additionally, the line will be extended four and a half miles and two stations will be added with the final stop in Torrance.
Each hearing will include an open house during the first hour, followed by a presentation and an opportunity for the public to comment. The public hearings will be held:
• Wednesday, Feb. 15, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Lawndale High School, Centinela Valley Center for the Arts, 14901 S. Inglewood Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260.
• Thursday, Feb. 16, 11 a.m. –1 p.m. Virtual Meeting. Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89536786223 Phone: 833.548.0282 (toll-free). Meeting ID: 895 3678 6223.
• Tuesday, Feb. 21, 5–8 p.m., Torrance Cultural Arts Center Toyota Meeting Hall, 3330 Civic Center Drive, Torrance, CA 90503.
• Wednesday, Feb. 22, 5–8 p.m., Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, 1935 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Redondo Beach, CA 90278.
• Saturday, Feb. 25, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Lawndale High School, Centinela Valley Center for the Arts, 14901 S Inglewood Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260.
In addition to the public hearings, the public can provide feedback via email, mail and phone.
The public can send their comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The project voicemail is 213.922.4004. To mail feedback, please send comments to:
Georgia Sheridan, Project Manager
Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
One Gateway Plaza,
Mail Stop: 99-22-3
Los Angeles, CA 90012.
To help support the Draft EIR, a project StoryMap has been developed to provide more information on the project. To view the EIR, alignment maps and project information, please visit https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/d7e05c37de87474e8f523738af8dc556
The Draft EIR and other project materials, including summaries of public outreach events and comments, ridership information, cost estimates, frequently asked questions, real estate needs, urban design, traffic and parking are available on the project website at metro.net/clineext.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is building the most ambitious transportation infrastructure program in the United States and is working to greatly improve mobility through its Vision 2028 Plan. Metro is the lead transportation planning and funding agency for L.A. County and carries about 800,000 boardings daily on a fleet of 2,200 low-emission buses and six rail lines.
Stay informed by following Metro on The Source and El Pasajero at metro.net, facebook.com/losangelesmetro, twitter.com/metrolosangeles and twitter.com/metroLAalerts and instagram.com/metrolosangeles.