How much does it cost for Persons with Disabilities?
|LIFE 30-Day Pass (low-income)||$12|
• *Off-Peak rates apply weekdays 9am - 3pm & 7pm - 5am; weekends & Federal holidays.
• Fare payment with TAP includes 2 hrs of unlimited transfers to Metro rail and bus in one direction (no roundtrips).
• Add’l 60¢ charge for the Silver Line and the Express Bus Lines 442 , 460 , 487 , 489 , 501 , 550 , and 577
• Add’l charge for a transfer to non-Metro buses within 2.5 hrs varies by agency.
- If using cash, please have exact fare when you board the bus. Metro bus operators do not carry change.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Eating, drinking or smoking is not permitted in Metro stations, buses or trains.
- Warning: Failure to pay the proper fare is a violation of Section 640 Penal Code and may result in a fine up to $250 and 48 hours community service.
- 1-Day Pass : Valid for 1 day on first tap. Expires at 3am on the following day after first use. Includes: All Metro services.
- 30-Day Pass : Valid for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add’l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses.
30-Day + Zone 1 Pass
: Ride Metro for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Includes: All Metro Services
TAP is a reloadable fare card that offers the most convenient and flexible way to pay your fare on Metro bus and rail. It is also valid for travel with 25 transit agencies across LA County. Load, Tap and Go!
How to get a Reduced Fare TAP card for Persons with Disabilities
- Apply at a Metro Customer Center .
- Make sure you have proper documentation and an image of yourself in the correct size.
- Persons w/Disabilities application and requirements .
- Gather all the requirements and apply online. TAP cards for persons with disabilities will be mailed to eligible applicants within 20 business days after verification has been completed.
- Online Application for Persons with Disabilities
How to Pay
A TAP card costs $2 plus fare and includes transfers to Metro rail and bus. For additional TAP questions please visit taptogo.net or call 866.827.8646
- Buy a regular TAP card online
- Reload, check your balance + expiration date of your TAP card
Register your TAP card by calling 866.TAPTOGO for:
- Balance protection : If your card is lost or stolen you can recover the balance and transfer it to a new card.
- Ability to transfer a remaining balance from one TAP card to another
- Consolidation of remaining balances from several TAP cards to one
Exact change is accepted on buses that do not have All-Door Boarding . Transfers are not included.
To ride Metro Rail, you must pay with a TAP card.
ALERT: Metro tokens are no longer accepted as payment. Read more about token elimination--> .
Additional ways for persons with disabilities to save when riding Metro
If you frequently ride Metro in combination with other transit systems, EZ Pass could provide additional savings.
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save even more on fares on Metro and participating transit systems with LIFE benefits.
Metro offers Employer Annual Pass programs that are a low-cost, high-value benefit and help to reduce stress, improve health and save money.
A shared-ride service for persons with disabilities that serves as a more accessible alternative to using regular bus and light rail services.