The Metro Orange Line has been operating successfully since it opened in 2005. New funding provides up to $286 million to further improve this 18-mile Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor in the San Fernando Valley. The Metro Orange Line Improvements seek to provide safe and cost-effective strategies to improve operating speeds, capacity and safety, while addressing passenger needs and minimizing disruption to the San Fernando Valley residents.
Metro has completed a technical study that evaluated ways to enhance the BRT Line’s speed, safety, reliability and ridership. Alternatives considered included grade separations on major streets, minor street closures, better signal priority technology, electronic bus connectivity and a four-quadrant gating system.
Metro hosted open house meetings in November/December, 2017 to provide opportunities to learn about the project and hear public feedback.
Below is information shared at those open house meetings:
- Webinar recorded December 7, 2017 – Orange Line Improvements
- Display boards -- Orange Line Improvements November/December 2017 open house meetings
- Presentation -- Orange Line Improvements November/December 2017 open house meetings
- Transmisión en vivo, 7 de diciembre de 2017 – Orange Line Improvements
- Carteles informativos -- Orange Line Improvements November/December 2017 reuniones públicas(180MB)
- Presentación -- Orange Line Improvements November/December 2017 reuniones públicas
For those unable to attend a meeting, comments will be accepted continuously via mail, email, project hotline and the online comment form :
One Gateway Plaza
Mail Stop 99-22-4
Los Angeles, CA 90012
We’re making improvements to bus service in Warner Center.
Starting June 24, 2018, Canoga and Chatsworth stations will serve as endpoints on the Orange Line and will make way for the new Warner Center Shuttle.
The Warner Center Shuttle will serve 10 new stops in and around Warner Center seven days a week, every 10 minutes during most times of the day. Explore restaurants and shopping, hit the gym before or after work, or check a few items off your to-do list, all without the hassles of driving and parking.
Customers can view the details and a map of our shiny new Shuttle service as well.
Showing the latest posts relating to:Search Results for “Orange Line” – The Source