The North San Fernando Valley Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project will provide a premium east-west transit service linking key activity centers, ease traffic, meet the growing demand for transit in the San Fernando Valley and improve connectivity to the regional transit system. The study area includes the communities of Northridge, Panorama City, Sun Valley, Pacoima, Sylmar, and North Hollywood, and the City of San Fernando.
- Measure M funded project ($180 M)
- January 2017 - Began environmental work looking at corridor characteristics/demographics and travel patterns
- Early 2018 - Award contract to complete environmental review (anticipated to take approximately 2 years)
- Spring 2018 - Conduct public scoping meetings to solicit initial feedback and comments
- Projected opening date 2023 - 2025, per Measure M expenditure plan