To apply for the Entry-Level Trainee Program, please complete and submit an online application form, which will require you to submit your resume. Our hiring team will contact you if your experience and education could be a match for an opportunity with Metro. Please note: Metro does not accept resumes via email for this program.
- Designed to be an entry-level “Career Ladder” program for recent college graduates to gain work experience and the job skills needed to seek a full-time position within Metro or another company.
- Establishes a pipeline for recent college graduates to gain entry-level or journey-level work experience as a Transportation Associate I.
- Exposes recent college graduates to work assignments, projects and technical skills related to their college degree.
- Identifies a “pool of proven performers” who are eligible to “fill new roles” that fit job skills developed over time within Metro or at another company.
- Offers recent college graduates an opportunity to become the next generation of Metro’s workforce.
- Recruit qualified applicants for entry-level work related to their college degree.
- Establish a “Career Ladder” program, which enables recent college graduates to qualify for an entry-level full-time position.
- Permits a starting point for upward mobility in a specific entry-level job classification
- Creates a “Career Ladder” position classification at an entry level to best fit Metro’s business.
To be considered for ELTP participation, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduated from an accredited college or university within the last two years.
- Obtained a GPA of 2.5 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or better.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident and eligible to work in the country as determined by the Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Immigration Laws.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates for ELTP are subject to Metro’s pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check.
- ELTP participants may work up to 40 hours per week.
- Pay rate is $22.14 per hour as a Transportation Associate I.
- Metro does not provide paid vacation, holiday pay or flex time for participants.
- Participants must adhere to Metro’s dress codes, and observe all safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Onboarding (i.e. new employee orientation)
- Professional development training
- Two in-service training sessions
- Metro TAP Card
- Paid sick time
- Transit subsidy
- Medical benefits
- Eligible for medical benefits