Regular Fare and Passes
|LIFE 30-Day Pass (low-income)||$76|
Fare payment with TAP includes 2 hrs of unlimited transfers to Metro rail and bus in one direction (no roundtrips) . Add’l 75¢ charge for the Silver Line bus and the Express Bus Lines 442 , 460 , 487 , 489 , 501 , 550 , and 577 . Add’l 50¢ charge for a transfer to non-Metro buses within 2.5 hrs.
- If using cash, please have exact fare when you board the bus. Metro bus operators do not carry change.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Eating, drinking or smoking is not permitted in Metro stations, buses or trains.
- Warning: Failure to pay the proper fare is a violation of Section 640 Penal Code and may result in a fine up to $250 and 48 hours community service.
All Metro Passes are good for unlimited rides on Metro bus and rail.
- 1-Day Pass : Valid for 1 day on first tap. Expires at 3am on the following day after first use. Includes: All Metro services.
- 7-Day Pass : Valid for 7 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add'l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses.
- 30-Day Pass : Valid for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add'l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses.
- 30-Day + Zone 1 Pass : Ride Metro for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Includes: All Metro Services
How to Pay
TAP is the quick and convenient way to pay your Metro fare. The TAP card costs $2 plus fare and includes transfers to Metro rail and bus. Use it to pay for Metro bus, rail, and 24 other transit providers throughout LA County.
Cash payment (exact change) and tokens, are only accepted on buses that do not have All-Door Boarding . Transfers are not included. Tokens will be phased out by November 2019. To ride Metro Rail, you must pay with a TAP card.
Over 60% of Metro riders qualify for some type of discounted fare. You must qualify and apply for the programs before receiving the discount.
Additional ways to save when riding Metro
If you frequently ride Metro in combination with other transit systems, EZ Pass could provide additional savings.
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save even more on fares on Metro and participating transit systems with LIFE benefits.