How much does it cost?
|LIFE 30-Day Pass (low-income)||$76|
Fare payment with TAP includes 2 hrs of unlimited transfers to Metro rail and bus in one direction (no roundtrips)
• Add’l 75¢ charge for the Silver Line and the Express Bus Lines 442 , 460 , 487 , 489 , 501 , 550 , and 577
• Add’l 50¢ charge for a transfer to non-Metro buses within 2.5 hrs.
Metro Month Pass + zone 1
includes Silver and Express Bus Lines
- If using cash, please have exact fare when you board the bus. Metro bus operators do not carry change.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Eating, drinking or smoking is not permitted in Metro stations, buses or trains.
- Warning: Failure to pay the proper fare is a violation of Section 640 Penal Code and may result in a fine up to $250 and 48 hours community service.
All Metro Passes are good for unlimited rides on Metro bus and rail.
- 1-Day Pass : Valid for 1 day on first tap. Expires at 3am on the following day after first use. Includes: All Metro services.
- 7-Day Pass : Valid for 7 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add'l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses.
- 30-Day Pass : Valid for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add'l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses.
30-Day + Zone 1 Pass
: Ride Metro for 30 consecutive days from the first tap. Includes: All Metro Services
How to Pay
TAP is the quick and convenient way to pay your Metro fare. The TAP card costs $2 plus fare and includes transfers to Metro rail and bus. Use it to pay for Metro bus, rail, and 24 other transit providers throughout LA County.
- Buy a regular fare TAP card online
- Reload, check your balance + expiration date of your TAP card
- TAP Vending Machines
- TAP Vendor Locations
For additional TAP questions please call 866.827.8646.
Exact change and tokens are accepted on buses that do not have All-Door Boarding . Transfers are not included.
To ride Metro Rail, you must pay with a TAP card.
ALERT: Friday, November 29, 2019 is the last day you can use tokens on Metro. Read more about token elimination--> .
More than half of Metro riders qualify for some type of discounted fare. You must qualify and apply for the programs before receiving the discount.
Additional ways to save
If you frequently ride Metro in combination with other transit systems, EZ Pass could provide additional savings.
Metro’s Rider Relief Program is now the LIFE (Low-Income Fare is Easy) program. Qualifying riders can save even more on fares on Metro and participating transit systems with LIFE benefits.