Pay by mail
Mail check or money order to:
Metro Transit Court
PO Box 866015
Los Angeles, CA 90086-6015
Make payable to Metro Transit Court and write violation number on check or money order. DO NOT SEND CASH
Pay in person
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Monday - Thursday 9am - 3pm
Pay by phone
You may be eligible for Installment Payment Plan (IPP) or community service. Please contact us at the phone number noted above before due date.
Reduce Your Penalty:
To obtain your penalty reduction please follow these steps:
- Watch the Metro Transit School Tutorial and complete the 3-part quiz (this should take about 20 to 30 minutes)
- Have your Notice of Transit Violation with you so you can input the number (look in the top right corner)
- Once you've received your Certificate of Completion an automatic $15 penalty reduction will be applied to your ticket. Please call 213.92.COURT (213.922.6878) for further instructions.
Eligibility: A person may apply his or her Certificate of Completion to reduce a Notice of Transit Violation penalty only once in a 12-month period. To be eligible for a penalty reduction the Transit School Tutorial must be completed before any second level administrative hearing is conducted.
If your violation does not begin with a “T” or if you wish to learn more about Metro’s rules and safety watch the Metro Transit School Tutorial Video / Escuela de transito de Metro .
Payment Plan for PARKING Violations:
If you have received a Notice of Parking Violation that starts with the letter “P”, you may be able to qualify for a payment plan if you are experiencing financial difficulty.
To qualify for a payment plan, please follow these steps:
- Complete a Declaration of Inability to Pay Waiver
- Submit waiver to Transit Court within sixty (60) calendar days of the issuance of the Notice of Parking Violation, or ten (10) days after the administrative hearing determination, whichever is later.
Failure to timely enroll in the payment plan within the specified time period may deem you ineligible for the payment plan.
The payment plan allows unpaid parking fines and fees to be paid off in monthly thirty-day installments of twenty-five dollars ($25) per month with payment completion within 18 months. There is no prepayment penalty for paying off the balance prior to the payment period expiring. Late fees and penalty assessments will be waived upon enrollment; however, such late fees and penalties may be reinstated if the payment plan is defaulted.