Affected Rail Lines:
Metro Blue Line, Metro Red Line, Metro Green Line, Metro Gold Line, Metro Purple Line, Metro Expo Line
Affected Bus Lines: Orange Line (901), Silver Line (910/950X)
Effective Dates: Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015 — Friday, Jan. 1, 2016
Go Metro to your New Year's Celebrations. Metro will run FREE (9pm-2am only) special OVERNIGHT 24-HOUR service from December 31 into January 1 (Red, Purple, Blue, Expo, Gold, Green, Orange & 910 Silver Line).
New Year's Eve - December 31st into January 1st - ALL RAIL LINES + ORANGE LINE, 910 SILVER LINE
- After 1:30am, all Metro Rail lines (Red, Purple, Blue, Expo, Green, Gold) & Orange Line will run every 20 minutes until beginning of service on January 1st.
- 910 Silver Line will run every 60 minutes at Friday-Saturday night intervals until beginning of service on January 1st.
- Click Here for Blue Line Modified Service in Long Beach on this night only.
- Click Here for enhanced service to Pasadena for the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game.
- This is in addition to bus lines which normally operate late night owl service.
Free Fares (9pm-2am) & TAP Card Info
- Metro is FREE for all entries from Dec 31st @ 9pm until Jan 1st @ 2am. Faregates will be unlatched during this time.
- Valid fare is required by law at all other times.
- One way trip is $1.75 (includes 2 hours of transfers) and each customer must load onto a reusable TAP card ($1).
- Avoid long return lines at TAP Vending Machines, customers should load roundtrip fare in advance or purchase an unlimited $7 Day Pass, good until 3am the following morning.
- TAP cards must be tapped on validators or faregates before boarding each line, including at transfer stations.
- On New Year's Day, Metro staff will be available at key stations to assist customers with their fare.
- Two children under age 5 may travel free with each fare-paying adult on bus or rail.
- Please click here for complete fare information.
Metro wishes a safe and Happy Holidays.