Blue Line: Sunday, Nov 20: due to major Blue Line/Expo Construction, beginning Sunday Open through Close, trains will operate only between Washington Station & Long Beach Transit Mall. Trains will operate on regular schedule. Shuttle Buses (Line 801) will operate between Washington Station & 7th/Metro Center. Please be advised to allow up to 40 additional minutes to complete your trip and that work will occur over additional weekends; notices will be posted.
Green Line patrons connecting to the Blue Line to Downtown LA may consider using the Harbor Transitway as a faster alternative during the day (Silver Line or 445 from Harbor Fwy Station, 460 from Norwalk Station). Please check individual schedules for exact trip times. Express zone charges may apply.
See below for bus shuttle stop locations.
Line 801 - Blue Line Shuttle Bus Stop Locations:
7th St/Metro Center Transfer to Red & Purple Lines
- Board on southbound Hope @ 7th (nearside). Use Hope St exit from 7th St/Metro Ctr.
- Northbound to 7th/Metro: Board on westbound Pico @ Flower (nearside)
- Southbound to Washington: Board on eastbound Pico @ Flower (farside)
- Northbound to 7th/Metro: Board in front of McDonald's on westbound Washington @ Olive (nearside)
- Southbound to Washington: Board on eastbound Washington @ Olive (nearside)
San Pedro Station
- Northbound to 7th/Metro: Board on westbound Washington @ Blue Line Ped Xing (nearside)
- Southbound to Washington: Board on eastbound Washington @ San Pedro (farside)
- Board on Long Beach @ Washington (nearside)
Weekend closures are necessary to perform major construction work to integrate the future Expo Line with the Blue Line. This work includes:
- Road paving
- Installing, electrifying, then testing switches/interlockings and cables
- Traction power substation testing
- Manhole inspections
- Installing operational signage
- Clearance testing
- Remodeling the entrances to Pico Station, which will improve passenger flow and safety during events at Staples Center/LA Live/Convention Center.