Boarding the Train
Stand back from the platform edge while
waiting for your train.
Wait for exiting passengers to leave
Watch out for the gap between the
platform and the train.
- Once inside, take a seat if possible.
Getting off the Train
Be ready to exit when your stop
Be sure to take all your belongings
- Watch your step as you exit the train.
Boarding the Bus
- Arrive at your bus stop five to ten minutes early. Wait on the sidewalk by the bus sign, away from the curb.
- Check the headsign above the windshield of the bus for the route number and destination. Make sure to check the headsign just before boarding since buses may sometimes change routes.
- Signal the operator to stop for you by waving. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the door opens all the way before boarding.
Getting off the Bus
- Watch for your destination. If you are not familiar with the area, ask the operator to call out your street.
- About one block before your stop, signal the operator to let you off. Press the rubber strip or pull the cord located between the windows to activate the buzzer.
- Whenever possible, please exit using the rear door. This speeds the boarding of new passengers.
- Finally, check to be sure you have all your belongings with you — and don’t forget your bike if you used the bike rack!