A Word About California Rideshare Week 2020
California Rideshare Week, scheduled for the first work week in October, is taking a one-year hiatus (but will be back again in 2021 to mark its 32 nd year in Southern California!). The annual campaign urges commuters to use alternatives to driving alone for less traffic and cleaner air.
Although Metro will not be hosting the traditional activities or prize drawing, there are other ways to get involved and stay connected:
- Find out more about the variety of commute options Metro offers including Metro Bike Share , Metro rail and bus , Telework, and Metro Vanpool
- Check-out Ridematch.info and request a RideGuide to get personalized trip information
- Learn how you may qualify for Metro Rewards, a year-round program that rewards commuters who make the choice to share the ride!
- Take the pledge and support California Clean Air Day
- Stay up to date with CDC Guidelines for safely sharing the ride
California Rideshare Week may be on hold, but we recognize that commuters, especially essential workers, have continued to take transit, use bike share, vanpool and carpool to work during this pandemic. We would like to thank those essential workers for their dedication and commitment for everything they do – please take this opportunity to thank your essential workers.
We would also like to thank all of the businesses, ETCs and teleworkers that have gone the extra mile in setting up telework programs, training employees and managers, working from home during difficult circumstances, and for helping to keep everyone safer. Not only have you helped to ease traffic congestion, but you have improved air quality and done an amazing job with AVR stats that have never been better!
See you next year!