Metro will get you home safely during the holidays
If you need to travel for essential activities during the late night hours of Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, Metro is providing free service on all bus and rail lines.
No fare will be collected during the following times:
• Thursday, December 24, starting at 9pm through Friday, December 25 at 2am
• Thursday, December 31, 2020, starting at 9pm through Friday, January 1, 2021 at 2am
All Metro Rail stations with fare gates will be unlatched, and fareboxes and validators will not deduct fare.
No overnight or enhanced service Dec. 31 – Jan. 1 on Metro Rail
Due to the Safer-At-Home order and cancellation of major in-person events such as New Year’s Eve Countdown, Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game, normal schedules and service levels will be in effect for Metro Rail. Trains run approximately every 20 minutes after 8pm, and last trains depart around midnight.
For updated schedules, please see our timetables .
Help prevent the spread of COVID-19
• Required: Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times
• Avoid unnecessary travel
• Practice physical distancing whenever possible
• Stay home if you are sick
A one-way fare is $1.75 plus $2 for a reusable TAP card, per person, and includes transfers to other Metro lines for up to two hours to complete a one-way trip. A $7 Day Pass covers unlimited travel starting on date of purchase until 3am the next morning.