Metro Bike Share offers convenient round-the-clock access to a fleet of bicycles for short trips and to get to and from transit on your schedule. Check out a bike and return it at any of our 90 stations ! We have over 1,000 bikes available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. It is fast, fun and affordable!
- Classic Metro Bike are a docked bike share system, therefore bikes must be returned to a Metro dock station.
- Smart Metro Bike are bikes that come with a U-lock and can be docked to any public bike rack for a small fee.
- Electric Metro Bike is powered by a mid-drive pedal-assist motor capable of speeds up to 17 mph with an electric “boost." By the end of Summer 2019, over 300 Electric Metro Bikes will be available in the Classic Metro Bike Share system in Downtown LA, Central LA and the Port of LA.
How to Ride Metro Bike Share
1. Find a Metro Bike Share station or Smart Bike
- Find a location here or use our App .
- Pay for fare: buy a pass at any Metro Bike Share station or create a TAP account here .
2. Ride it
- Tap the silver button on the dock to release/undock the Metro Bike
- Take bike and enjoy the ride.
- Remember to wear a helmet and yield to pedestrians
3. Return it
- Classic Metro Bike must be docked to finish your trip at any of our Metro Bike Stations
- Smart Metro Bike can be docked at a Metro bike share station or locked at any public bike rack*
Riding Tips & Safety?
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road.
- Ride with traffic on the right side of the road.
- Use the bike lane when available.
- It is illegal to wear headphones on both ears while riding.
For more general information about how to ride a bike in LA please go to this link .