The A Line (Blue) is open, with rail service between Downtown Los Angeles (7th St/Metro Center station) and Downtown Long Beach.
Blue Line Improvements Project
In January 2019, Metro crews began working on major upgrades to the system’s oldest rail line. Once the improvements project was completed, the new A Line opened on Nov. 2, 2019.
Here are the new features and technology on the A Line:
Better Customer Experience
- New identifiers and signage
- New digital screens with the arrival time information and digital art series
- Repainted stations and refreshed landscaping
- Four new crossover tracks/switches to reduce service interruptions
- New Tracks for a longer service life
- Upgraded train control system
- New overhead power system