Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- Graduate students enrolled in a minimum of 6 units
- A student that attends two (2) or more different colleges may combine units to meet eligibility requirements, if verified and approved by the school’s Administrator.
Does Metro U-Pass include Metro Zone1?
- Yes, U-Pass covers both Metro Express Buses and Metro Silver Line at no extra charge
How much does the Metro U-Pass cost?
- Metro U-Pass pricing varies depending on the school subsidy contribution
- Metro U-Pass may be sold at a pro-rated price if the school permits
What happens if my Metro U-Pass is lost/stolen?
- Contact your school Administrator to get a replacement U-Pass sticker
- School will deactivate the lost U-Pass sticker
- Pay the appropriate “Replacement Fee” (fees vary for each school)
Can I add Stored Value onto the Metro U-Pass?
- Yes, adding Stored Value allows Metro U-Pass users to ride 23 other transit systems
- Fare can be loaded at TAP vending machines (TVM), TAP vendor locations, or by phone 888-TAPTOGO (1.866.827.8646)
What happens if I add Stored Value and my Metro U-Pass is lost/stolen?
- Report the lost/stolen U-Pass to your School Administrator
- The School Administrator will issue a new U-Pass sticker and deactivate the lost/stolen sticker
Call 866-TAPTOGO (866.827.8646) to request a transfer balance to the new U-Pass sticker
- Lost/stolen U-Pass sticker number is required to process the balance transfer
- Obtain your lost/stolen sticker number from your school Administrator
Can I use the Metro U-Pass to register for the Metro’s Bike program?
- Yes, Metro U-Pass can be used to unlock Metro bikes
- A credit card is required to register for the Metro Bike program
- All rental fees will be deducted from the credit card on file
- Stored Value cannot be used to pay for rental fee
- Register at https://bikeshare.metro.net
See U-Pass Participation List for the school Administrator contact information.