NEW – Beginning June 27, 2016, later evening service will be provided on Metro local Line 239 and Rapid Line 744
A Metro bus line is always around the corner at CSUN, making it easy to get from campus to Warner Center, North Hollywood and more.
To purchase a U-pass, visit the A.S. Ticket Office.
The following guides contain maps, bus and rail schedule information, and highlight attractions near CSUN.
CSUN Pocket Guide
Contains Metro bus and rail route map, plus local hotspots.
CSUN is participating in the Universal College Student Transit Pass program beginning in the Fall of 2016.
To qualify for the Metro U-Pass program, you must be an enrolled undergraduate carrying eight or more units, or an enrolled graduate student carrying six or more units.
CSUN student can purchase a Metro U-Pass by following these steps:
1. Login to myNorthridge Portal.
2. Select the Financial Matters tab.
3. On the Financial Obligations pagelet, select Purchase/Renew Metro U-Pass.
4. Select New Metro U-Pass.
5. Complete your payment. (Rates are subsidized by Metro, Associated Students, and CSUN Parking & Transportation Services. No refunds will be issued.)
6. Select the link to complete the required registration survey on the payment confirmation page.
7. Bring proof of survey completion and your CSUN student ID to the Associated Students Ticket Office at the University Student Union to pick up your new Metro U-Pass sticker.
For more information, visit csun.edu/as/student-transportation-guide/u-pass or call the Associated Students Ticket Office at 818.677.2488.
Timetables show when a bus will arrive at major stops along the route. Click on a link below to view detailed timetable information.
Metro Local Line 240
Canoga Park – Universal City Station via Ventura Bl / Northridge via Reseda Bl
Metro Local Line 158
Chatsworth - Sherman Oaks via Devonshire St & Woodman Av
Metro Local Line 166/364
Chatsworth - Pacoima via Nordhoff St & Osborne St
Metro Local Line 167
Chatsworth Station - Studio City via Plummer St, Coldwater Cyn Av
Metro Local Line 239
Sylmar Station - Encino via Zelzah Av, White Oak Av
Metro Rapid Line 744
Hansen Dam - Northridge via Van Nuys Bl, Ventura Bl, & Reseda Bl
All-Door Boarding for Metro Rapid 744 bus line at CSUN Transit Station
To help expedite boardings along the Rapid 744 bus line, Metro has installed two TAP validators at the CSUN Transit Station.
If you have valid fare on your TAP card or have a Metro U-Pass, you can tap before you board:
- Tap your card on the TAP dial.
- Wait for the “beep” sound and “GO” message.
- Board through any door.
If you are paying with cash, you must board through the front door.
Important: Only tap a validator if you are riding the Metro Rapid 744 bus line at CSUN transit station. For all other lines, tap onboard at fareboxes.