ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE VICINITY OF WILSHIRE BLVD & CRENSHAW BLVD
Utility companies and/or Metro contractors will be relocating underground utilities to prepare for construction of the first section of the subway. Work will occur along Wilshire Blvd between S. La Brea Ave and Western Ave.
A construction staging yard at Wilshire/Crenshaw will be in operation while utility work occurs.
We will inform the areas where and when this work will take place.
Note: Should any work need to be cancelled and rescheduled, Metro will inform you of new work date(s)/time(s).
What to Expect:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals
- Work will continue until subway construction begins in 2014
- Work may occur overnight and/or on weekends
- Sound blankets and fencing will be installed at Wilshire/Crenshaw staging yard
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented
- 1-2 lane(s) of traffic will be maintained open in each direction at all times
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zones
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call 323-669-7652