ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE VICINITY OF WILSHIRE BLVD BETWEEN HIGHLAND & S. DETROIT
As part of the advanced utility relocation activities for the Purple Line Extension, Metro contractors will be relocating existing underground telecommunications & fiber optic lines to make room for the future Wilshire/La Brea Station of the Metro Purple Line.
WHAT: Utility Relocation Activity
WHEN: May 19, 2013 – July 2013
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd (between Highland & S. Detroit Ave)
|Monday - Friday||9AM-3PM & 9PM – 6AM|
|Saturday & Sunday||6PM – 6AM *|
|*It is anticipated that the majority of the work will occur overnight. Noisier nighttime activities restricted after 11PM.|
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Utility relocation activities will take place along Wilshire Blvd between Highland and S. Detroit Ave.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- 1-2 lane(s) of traffic will be maintained open in each direction at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call 323-669-7652.