ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE VICINITY OF WILSHIRE BLVD & LA BREA
As part of the advanced utility relocation activities for the Westside Subway Extension, contractors for AT&T will be relocating an existing underground telecommunications line to make room for the future Wilshire/La Brea Station of the Metro Purple Line.
WHAT: Relocating existing AT&T communications conduits & ports
WHEN: November 13, 2012 - December 23, 2012 (weather permitting)
|Nov. 14 - Dec. 23 (est.)||Sunday-Thursday||7PM-5AM *|
*Noisier nighttime activities restricted after 11PM; it is anticipated that the majority of the work will occur overnight.
** No work Thanksgiving week (11/22 - 11/25) & between Christmas & New Year's day
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd between S. Detroit St & S. La Brea Ave and S. Detroit St South of Wilshire Blvd
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Utility relocation activities will take place concurrently along Wilshire Blvd between S. Detroit St. & S. La Brea Ave and along S. Detroit St. south of Wilshire Blvd.
- Bus stop for westbound Metro Lines 20 & 720 will be relocated to just west of Wilshire Blvd & S. Detroit St.
- 1-2 lane(s) of traffic will be maintained open in each direction at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.