Fieldwork: Potholing along Wilshire Blvd between San Vicente & La Cienega
Metro contractors will conduct work along Wilshire Bl, between San Vicente Bl & La Cienega Bl as a part of the pre-construction activities for the Westside Subway Extension on the following days:
Dates: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 – Sunday, November 11, 2012
Times: M-F 9AM-3PM; Sundays 8AM-5PM
Note: Should any work need to be cancelled and rescheduled, Metro will inform you of new work date(s)/time(s).
During the period and in the area noted above, work will involve checking for existing underground utilities in preparation for relocation. The potholing work will consist of excavating one hole at a time that is approximately 10 inches in diameter to locate underground utilities. Once an underground utility is located the hole is backfilled and work moves to another location in area.
What to Expect During Utilities Clearance:
- A crew consisting of up to 2 to 3 personnel.
- A jackhammer or concrete drill to break up surface
- A high pressure air lance to break up loose soil
- A vacuum truck to collect loose soil
- Parking lanes and/or up to two lanes of traffic will be blocked for up to 1 hour while work is under way on business/arterial streets.
- Lanes will be cleared at the end of the work period.
Other Important Information:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Additional fieldwork following this testing is anticipated. We will inform the areas where and when this work will take place.
- For more information about the Westside Subway Extension, please leave a message at 213-922-6934 or online at metro.net/westside.