ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE WILSHIRE/LUCERNE AREA.
As part of the field work activities for the Purple Line Extension, Metro contractors will be conducting a series of geotechnical field tests near Wilshire/Lucerne.
WHAT: Geotechnical Field Testing
Monday, September 9 through Friday, September 13, 2013 (Weekdays only)
Wilshire Blvd at Lucerne Blvd – inside centerline
Wilshire Blvd at Fremont Pl - left turn pocket and #1 lane eastbound
Note: Should any work need to be cancelled and rescheduled, Metro will inform you of new work date(s)/time(s).
Precautions for Existing Utilities
For above date and locations the work will involve checking for existing underground utilities in preparation for the drilling of exploratory borings. The work sites will be scanned for utilities using geophysical methods.
The rotary-wash borings will be drilled to obtain soil samples for testing and evaluation. The borings will be drilled using truck-mounted rigs operated by crews consisting of up to four personnel.
What to Expect:
- A drilling crew consisting of up to 4 personnel per rig.
- A truck-mounted drill rig and truck equipped with additional drilling supplies.
- Parking lane and/or one lane of traffic will be blocked while work is under way on residential streets, and up to two lanes on business/arterial streets.
- Lanes will be cleared at the end of the work period and re-opened for regular use.
Other Important Information:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Additional fieldwork following this testing is anticipated. We will inform the areas where and when this work will take place.
- For more information about the Purple Line Extension, please leave a message at 213-922-6934 or online metro.net/purplelineext .
- For day-to-day testing location updates, please follow us at twitter.com/purplelineext .
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention, please call 323-889-5345.