ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE VICINITY OF WILSHIRE BLVD BETWEEN S. SYACAMORE AVE. AND S. ORANGE DR.
As part of the advanced utility relocation activities for the Purple Line Extension, Metro contractors will be performing improvements to existing electrical utilities to make room for the future Wilshire/La Brea Station of the Metro Purple Line.
WHAT: Utility Relocation Activity
WHEN: September 10 – October 18, 2013
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd (at S. Sycamore Ave & S. Orange Dr)
|Sunday - Monday||9PM - 6AM *|
|*It is anticipated that the majority of the work will occur overnight. Noisier nighttime activities restricted after 11PM.|
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Utility relocation activities will take place along Wilshire Blvd at S. Sycamore Ave & S. Orange Dr.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- 1-2 lane(s) of traffic will be maintained open in each direction at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call 323-669-7652.