Fieldwork: Beverly Hills Area
Metro contractors are preparing to conduct surveying activities in the Beverly Hills area as a part of the planning for the Westside Subway Extension. This work will prepare for field work to build on the data previously gathered along the route of the project.
Wednesday, June 13, from 9:00am-3:00pm Metro contractors will conduct surveying work for up to an hour at each of the following locations:
- Wilshire Blvd and Tower Drive
- Wilshire Blvd east of Gale Drive
- Wilshire Blvd west of Gale Drive
- Wilshire Blvd west of Hamilton Drive
- Wilshire Blvd east of La Cienega Blvd.
Note: Should any work need to be cancelled and rescheduled, Metro will inform you of new work date(s)/time(s).
The equipment to be used during the field testing is described below:
Precautions for Existing Utilities:
For above date and locations the work will involve checking for existing underground utilities in preparation for the drilling of exploratory borings at a future date. Underground Service Alert (USA) will be notified. The work sites will be scanned for utilities using geophysical methods. Based on the results of the geophysical scanning and USA noficiation, a future drilling location will be selected within each given work site to avoid conflicting with existing utilities.
What to Expect During Utilities Clearance:
- A crew consisting of up to 2 to 3 personnel.
- Parking lanes and/or up to two lanes of traffic will be blocked for up to 1 hour while work is under way on
- business/arterial streets.
- Lanes will be cleared at the end of the work period.
Other Important Information:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Additional fieldwork following this testing is anticipated. We will inform the areas where and when this work will take place.
- For more information about the Westside Subway Extension, please leave a message at 213-922-6934 or online at www.metro.net/westside.
- For day-to-day testing location updates, please follow us at twitter.com/westsidesubway.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention, please call 323-889-5311