ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE MIRACLE MILE AREA.
As part of the field work activities for the Purple Line Extension, Metro contractors will be conducting a series of geotechnical field tests in the Miracle Mile area.
WHAT: Geotechnical Field Testing
WHEN: Thursday, May 29 through Friday, June 7, 2013 (Weekdays only)
WHERE: Wilshire Boulevard between S. Burnside Ave & S. Dunsmuir Ave
Note: Should any work need to be cancelled and rescheduled, Metro will inform you of new work date(s)/time(s).
Precautions for Existing Utilities
For above date and locations the work will involve checking for existing underground utilities in preparation for the drilling of exploratory borings. The work sites will be scanned for utilities using geophysical methods.
Hollow-stem borings will be drilled using a truck-mounted drilling rig advancing a core barrel into the ground by spinning a 6- to 12-inch diameter casing with a drill bit into the ground to collect samples of the various soil layers.
What to Expect:
- A drilling crew consisting of up to 4 personnel per rig.
- A truck-mounted drill rig (see photo) and truck equipped with additional drilling supplies.
- Parking lane and/or one lane of traffic will be blocked while work is under way on residential streets, and up to two lanes on business/arterial streets.
- Lanes will be cleared at the end of the work period and re-opened for regular use.
Other Important Information:
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Additional fieldwork following this testing is anticipated. We will inform the areas where and when this work will take place.
- For more information about the Purple Line Extension, please leave a message at 213-922-6934 or online metro.net/purplelineext.
- For day-to-day testing location updates, please follow us at twitter.com/purplelineext.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention, please call 323-889-5345.