Join us for the second event of our Energy Resiliency Series, the Energy Resiliency Symposium, to be held on Tuesday, September 22 nd , 2020. The event will feature captivating presentations on concepts and solutions that could help shape Metro’s long-range strategies for energy resiliency. We will also be facilitating a discussion with experts across a range of sectors, including government, industry, and academia to discuss regional context and challenges surrounding resiliency. Panelists include:
- Allen G. Cadreau – Founder & CEO, Indian Energy LLC
- Arash Saidi – Distributed Energy Resources Development Manager, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
- Dr. Fernando Guerra – Director, Center for the Study of Los Angeles & Professor, Political Science and Chicana/o Studies, Loyola Marymount University
- Joseph Avila – Senior Director, Energy Policy & Strategy, Southern California Gas Company
- Dr. JR DeShazo – Director, Luskin Center for Innovation & Professor, Public Policy, Urban Planning, and Civil and Environmental Engineering, UCLA
- Michael Samulon – Senior Policy Analyst, Sustainability, Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- David Erne – Supervisor, Energy Technology Integration, California Energy Commission
- Heather Repenning (Moderator) – Executive Officer, Sustainability Policy, LA Metro
- Joel B. Farrier (Moderator) – Regional Environmental Manager, Burns & McDonnell
The Symposium will also present an opportunity for a second round of white paper submissions before the Energy Resiliency Summit – tune in to learn more.
About Energy Resiliency at Metro
Metro’s energy resiliency is focused on the three R’s – reliability, redundancy and renewables – Metro’s power system needs to be durable, efficient and cost effective. We are working towards an energy resilient future for Los Angeles County through our long-range planning, operational continuity and environmental stewardship.
About the Energy Resiliency Series
Metro is hosting a series of events to explore and discuss cutting edge energy resiliency concepts and solutions. As we continue to electrify our fleet and buildings, we are seeking cost effective and energy efficient solutions that support our focus on reducing emissions and negative impacts on society and the environment.
Metro kicked off the series with the Energy Resiliency Webcast on May 15, 2020, in which we unveiled an opportunity for selected firms to present technologies and innovations that could help shape Metro’s long-range strategies for energy resiliency through our Request for White Papers . A recording of the Energy Resiliency Webcast and First Round White Paper Q&A Response are available.
For more details on the Energy Resiliency Series, please refer to the Request for White Papers.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- Register Now! Energy Resiliency Symposium*: September 22, 2020
- Second Round of White Papers Due: November 6, 2020
- Notice of White Paper Selection: December 2, 2020
- Energy Resiliency Summit*: January 27, 2021
*Due to the impact of COVID-19 all Energy Resiliency events will be held virtually.
- Energy Resiliency Webcast Recording
- Request for White Papers
- Consent for Public Release Form
- First Round White Paper Q&A Response
- First Round White Paper Q&A Update
- Join the Energy Resiliency Mailing List
For more information about this initiative, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .