Metro offers sustainability-related trainings that support Metro plans and policies. The training programs are intended to provide education opportunities for local agency partners regarding Metro’s multiple plans, methodologies, and benefits.
What trainings are being offered?
Complete Streets describes a comprehensive, integrated transportation network with infrastructure and design that allows safe and convenient travel along and across streets for all users, including pedestrians, users and operators of public transit, bicyclists, persons with disabilities, seniors, children, motorists, users of green modes, and movers of commercial goods.
- Complete Streets Policy Development
- Complete Streets Implementation
- Train applicable Metro staff and local government agency planners, engineers, decision-makers, traffic safety professionals, public health professionals, and community organizations on what makes a Complete Street.
- Assist local jurisdictions to comply with State Assembly Bill 1358 Complete Streets Act of 2008 and Metro’s Complete Streets Policy. Jurisdictions will need to demonstrate that they meet the requirement at the time they apply for future rounds of Metro capital grant funding. See the updated deadline policy here .
Intended Audience: City planning and public works staff, city staff involved in roadway maintenance, changes, and events, and others as invited by city staff. Interdepartmental attendance is encouraged!
This training is for recipients of Metro Call for Projects 2013 and beyond to comply with the sustainable design requirement.
- Understand and align existing Metro policies and sustainable design requirement in 2013 Call for Projects and beyond.
- Define sustainable design plan components.
- Identify and apply green design strategies.
- Develop performance metrics for measuring outcomes.
- Train Call for Projects applicants from 2013 and beyond on developing a sustainable design plan.
- Educate applicants on the components of a sustainable design plan.
- Provide examples of sustainable outcomes.
- Estimate performance results and quantify benefits.
Intended Audience: Metro Call for Projects applicants from 2013 and beyond.
- (no trainings scheduled at this time)
Thursday, November 21, 2019 8am – Noon
Metro Headquarters, Union Station Conference Room (3rd Floor)
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Metro's 2016 Complete Streets Policy Deadline Update
- Metro’s Complete Streets Policy
- Complete Streets Policy Requirements
- Policy Development and Implementation Resource
- Sample Complete Streets Policy and Resolution Language