The mission of the Metro’s Sustainability Council is to improve sustainability efforts by developing targets, metrics and strategies to assist Metro in achieving stated sustainability program goals.
The objectives of the Sustainability Council are as follows:
- To advise in the development of Metro’s sustainability goals, established targets and performance measures, and assist in the tracking and reporting on a quarterly as outlined in Motion 57’s four major categories: 1) Climate Change & Resiliency, 2) Energy, 3) Solid Waste & Recycling, and 4) Water;
- Improve understanding of our constituents and stakeholders of the sustainability-related efforts and opportunities at LA Metro; and
- To provide input on the following priorities for FY19: 1) Climate Action and Adaptation Plan, 2) Green Procurement Policy and 3) Resiliency Framework. Sustainability Council's Meeting ARC
Meetings for fiscal year 2019:
- September 21, 2018
- October 12, 2018
- November 9, 2018
- December 14, 2018
- January 11, 2019
- February 8, 2019
- March 8, 2019
- April 12, 2019
- May 10, 2019
- June 14, 2019
Sustainability Council Accomplishments for FY18:
- Reviewed, provided comments, and accepted the Regional Advancement Mitigation Plan Report (RAMP) provided by Metro staff.
- Facilitated Earth Day events throughout LA County (i.e. Bureau of Sanitation events). Provided sustainability materials for inner City kids (500) in conjunction with LADWP and the Music Center.
- Engaged International technical companies (Finland, Norway) who were invited to present to the Council that provided sustainability solutions (i.e. virtual Think Tank).
- International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI) 2019 Conference – Cris Liban submitted that we co-host this event as part of Council outreach and partnerships.
Past meeting agendas:
- Agenda, 07/13/18 Public Meeting
- Agenda, 6/8/18 Electrician Teleconference
- Agenda, 05/11/18 Public Meeting
- Agenda, 04/13/18 Public Meeting
- Agenda, 03/09/18 Public Meeting
- Agenda, 01/12/18 Public Meeting