Segment A: Rail to Rail
Segment A of the project is referred to as “Rail to Rail,” because it connects the future Metro Crenshaw/LAX Line to the Metro A Line (Blue). The “Rail to Rail” portion of the project is approximately 5.6 miles in length, stretching east along the Harbor Subdivision rail right-of-way, following Slauson Avenue through South Los Angeles to the Metro A Line Slauson Station. Once complete, Segment A will provide connections to three major transportation hubs:
- The Metro A Line and future WSAB Slauson Station,
- The Metro J Line (Silver) at the I-110 freeway Slauson Station, and
- The future Metro Crenshaw/LAX Line’s Fairview Heights Station
Segment A has concluded the Environmental Clearance and Preliminary Engineering phase and is completing the Final Design/Engineering and will be followed by the Construction phases.
Segment A is funded by a combination of federal, state and local funding sources. In October 2015, the Project became the first of its kind to be awarded funding from the Federal Transportation Authority (FTA) in the form of a Department of Transportation (DOT) TIGER Grant. Additional funding was provided by a Caltrans ATP Grant and Metro.
Segment A (Rail to Rail) initial construction work activities are anticipated to begin February 1, 2021 and continue through June 2021.
- Site Clearing: clearing the Metro right-of-way of all materials and equipment, including removal of rail track and equipment, encampments, unauthorized vendors, property, and vehicles.
- Soil Excavation, treatment, and disposal
- Railroad ROW north of Slauson Av from Long Beach Av to West 11th Av
Approximate Timeline (intermittent)
- Monday, February 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021
- 6 :30 am - 3:30 pm (Monday - Friday, Weekdays only)