To celebrate the arrival of the tunnel boring machines that will be digging the path from Westwood to the VA Hospital, we invite you to draw your ideal community with the Purple Line Extension subway. Winners will receive prizes and countywide recognition.
Submit your entry by July 30, 2020.
How do I enter?
- Create one piece of artwork that shows what your ideal community looks like with the Purple Line Extension subway.
- You can submit a painting, a drawing, or a collage.
- Your entry must be no larger than 8.5” x 11” and lay flat.
- The art contest is open to all Los Angeles county residents.
- Submit your entry by July 30, 2020.
- Please submit your entry via the online form .
You can also submit your entry by mail to:
Purple Line Extension Project Office
Attn: Community Relations, Glyssa Robles
1888 Century Park East, 8th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- If submitting a digital copy of your artwork, you must keep the original copy of your artwork until the voting period is over (September 20, 2020). Winners must submit their original artwork to Metro via postal mail for reproduction.
- The winner will receive recognition at the Section 3 Purple Line Extension Tunnel Boring Machine Unveiling Ceremony, a commemorative TAP card with their artwork and additional prizes!
The winning artwork will be chosen by a panel of judges and LA County voters. Polls will open on August 20, 2020, and will close September 20, 2020.