Metro contractors will continue worksite preparation for the future Westwood/VA Hospital Station. Work includes well monitoring, instrumentation, tree relocation, utility relocation (storm drain, gas line and sewer capping), flagpole removal and storage, hauling of spoil materials, construction wall installation and other improvement activities to create the staging area for future construction work. This work will have a limited impact on local traffic on Wilshire Blvd. Access will be maintained for VA residents, and hospital guests and staff. The use of heavy equipment throughout the project site may cause intermittent noise.
Work Hours: Monday through Saturday, 7am to 5pm
- Intermittent lane reductions on Bonsall Ave. and Dowlen Dr
- Hadley Ln. will be restricted from Bonsall Ave. for the duration of the project.
- Temporary traffic restrictions on the VA campus may be required while construction personnel and equipment enter and exit the work area.
- Access will be maintained from the south VA gate at Sawtelle Blvd and Ohio Ave.
Lot 5 Refurbishment
Parking lot improvements will continue at Lot 5 on Saturday, April 10, from 7am to 5pm. Work includes installation of bollards, signage and truncated domes. Some handicapped-accessible parking stalls will be temporarily impacted during sign installation.
Shoofly work reconfigures the traffic flow on Bonsall Avenue while support piles are constructed over the street. Public access will be maintained and vehicle traffic will remain as one lane in each direction. The activity is scheduled to begin in late April 2021 and continue for approximately four (4) months.
Dates: April 2021 to September 2021
Work Hours: 7 am to 5 pm
Truck Hauling from VA Hospital Campus
Metro contractors will continue hauling supplies and machinery in and out of the VA Hospital Campus, using intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd.
- Monday through Friday, 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am
- Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 9pm and 9pm to 6am
Complimentary VA Shuttle Service
- Shuttle service is available for VA staff and guests from parking lots 3, 6, and 7 to the Main Hospital, VA Building 500.
- Shuttle runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In accordance with CDC health guidelines, each shuttle trip will be limited to no more than six (6) total passengers, including two (2) passengers using wheelchairs. Face masks must be worn at all times while on VA Hospital Campus.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.
- For VA-related issues, please call VAPD at 310.268.4524.