Metro contractors will continue preconstruction work at UCLA Lot 36 for the Purple (D Line) Extension Section 3 Project. Work will include potholing, sound wall installation, fence removal, tree removal, and banner placement. A driveway will also be installed for access on Veteran Ave. Work will begin on Monday, March 15, 2021 and will continue for approximately 5 weeks. Work requires intermittent sidewalk closures and lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd and Veteran Ave.
Date: March 15 to April 23, 2021
Work Hours: 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Intermittent lane reduction on westbound Wilshire Blvd between Gayley Ave and Veteran Ave.
- Intermittent sidewalk closures on Veteran Ave and Wilshire Blvd adjacent to UCLA Lot 36.
- Intermittent lane reduction on northbound Veteran Ave between Wilshire Blvd and Kinross Ave.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, residences & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- For construction-related issues needing immediate attention, please call Metro’s 24-hour Hotline at 213.922.6934.