Starting Monday, November 21st – Friday, December 16th, the design-builder will begin utility investigation pot holing and prep-work to support soundwall construction at Wilshire/La Cienega and Wilshire/Gale staging yards.
This work will occur inside the staging yards located at the corners of Wilshire/La Cienega, and Wilshire/Gale. Once this work is completed, sound walls will be built to enclose both staging yards to mitigate construction related noise. Prior to constructing the noise mitigation sound walls, it is necessary to clear existing utilities and remove any underground obstructions. Work hours will be Monday thru Friday from 7am - 4pm within the staging yard property boundaries. No work will occur on Thursday Nov 24th or Nov 25th in observance of Thanksgiving.
TIME: 7am - 4pm
WHEN: Monday, November 21st – Friday, December 16th
WHERE: Wilshire/La Cienega
WHAT: Soundwall Prep Work
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- A covered sidewalk will be erected to ensure public safety.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Parking restrictions on the north side of Wilshire between Gale Dr. and La Cienega Blvd. and on La Cienega Blvd. just north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Haul routes: Southbound La Cienega Blvd from 9:00am - 3:30pm.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934