Beginning 4am Saturday, October 15th thru 6am Monday, October 17th, piles for the future station at Fairfax will be installed at both ends of the station box, to the east at Wilshire/Ogden, and just west of the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection. Work consists of drilling and setting of piles, and support activities such as concrete pours.
This work will require a Westbound Wilshire Blvd. directional closure between Curson Ave. to just west of Fairfax Ave. Thru traffic will be detoured northbound at La Brea Ave. with local access maintained on Wilshire Blvd.
See below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to two lanes between Hauser Blvd. and Curson Ave.
- Hard closure of westbound Wilshire Blvd. at Curson Ave.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd reduced to one lane between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. left turn pocket closed at Wilshire Blvd.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. right turn pocket closed at Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turn restrictions will be in place for northbound Ogden Dr. and Spaulding Ave at Wilshire Blvd.
WHEN: Saturday, October 15th thru Monday, October 17th
TIME: Closure hours: 4am Saturday thru 6am Monday
Work hours: 8am - 11pm: drilling, setting of piles
11pm - 8am: support activities
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction will result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Vehicle Detour: Westbound Wilshire, to southbound La Brea, to westbound Olympic, to northbound San Vicente, to westbound Wilshire.
720/20 Westbound Wilshire Buses will be temporarily suspended on Wilshire between Fairfax and La Brea during this closure.
- Bus Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd., to northbound San Vicente Blvd., to westbound Wilshire Blvd
24/7 Project Hotline: 213-922-6934