Update: Little Tokyo/Arts District Station Now Open
Following months of major construction work for the Regional Connector Transit Project, Metro and its contractors have completed track relocation work at 1st Street and Alameda and have restored Metro Gold Line service to the Little Tokyo Station effective Sunday, March 20.
Bus Bridge in place to serve Metro Gold Line riders.
A temporary closure of the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station is scheduled to start Friday, January 8, 2016 at 9 p.m. through March 21, 2016 or completion of track relocation. The closure will allow for temporary relocation of the Metro Gold Line tracks to construct the Regional Connector Transit Project.
Metro Gold Line rail service between Union Station, Little Tokyo/Arts District and Pico/Aliso Stations will be replaced with a bus shuttle with stops at the following locations:
- Union Station at Patsaouras Plaza Bay 7
- Little Tokyo/Arts District at Judge John Aiso/1st
- Pico/Aliso Station at Utah/1st
Passengers are encouraged to allow for extra time while traveling. Please plan ahead if you are traveling in this area to avoid delays. Real-time information is available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.GO.METRO.
What: Metro Gold Line track relocation, utility relocation and installation of piles and deck panels to support Regional Connector construction efforts.
Where: 1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
When: Starting Friday, January 8, 2016 at 9 p.m. through March 21, 2016 or completion of track relocation.
Work Hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., 7 days-a-week. Overnight work between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. may be required.
Questions? Please contact the Project Hotline at 213.922.7277
- Metro Gold Line Track Relocation: Sawcutting, trench excavation, drilling, backfill, paving, station entrance modification and installation track system.
- Pile and Deck Installation: Sawcutting, trench excavation, survey of underground utilities, backfill, pile drilling and installation and placement of temporary street deck beams and panels.
- Activities such as sawcutting, jackhammering, and pile drilling will be performed during daytime hours only. Sound mitigation measures will be in place.
What to expect
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 9 p.m., a 55-hour weekend closure of the 1st/Alameda intersection will be in effect to install K-rail (concrete barriers) and reconfigure traffic lanes. The following closures will be in effect:
- Full closure of Alameda St. between Temple St. and 3rd St.
- Full closure of 1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
- Local access to 1st St. and Alameda St. businesses, residences and emergency responders will be maintained.
Starting Monday, January 11, 2016 at 4 a.m., the following closures will be in effect:
- Full closure of 1st St. between Central Ave. and Alameda St. through mid-February 2016.
- Westbound directional closure on 1st St. between Alameda St. and Vignes St. through mid-March 2016.
- Alameda reduced to one thru lane in each direction between Temple St. and 2nd St.
- Eastbound 1st St. between Alameda St. and Vignes St. will remain open to traffic.
- Local access to 1st St. businesses, residences and emergency responders will be maintained.
Use the following detours around the area:
Westbound 1st St. Traffic
Local route: From 1st/Vignes: Right on Vignes St., left on Temple St., left on Judge John Aiso St., back to 1st St.
Alternate route: From: 1st/Mission: Right on Mission Road, left on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., left on Spring St., back to 1st St.
Eastbound 1st St. Traffic
Local route: From 1st/Judge John Aiso: Left on Judge John Aiso St., right on Temple St., right on Vignes St., left back to 1st St.
Alternate route: From 1st/Main: left on Main St., right on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., right on Mission Road, back to 1st St.
Learn more about free parking and a free shuttle in Little Tokyo. Please plan ahead if traveling in this area. For traffic information, please call 511.
Around the work area
Pedestrians will be detoured outside of the work zone
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the south side of 1st St. between Alameda St. and Vignes St.
- At least one sidewalk will remain open Alameda St. between Temple St. and 2nd St.
- During pile and decking operations, crosswalks at the 1st/Alameda intersections may be intermittently restricted during work hours. At least two crosswalks will be maintained at all times.
2016年1月5日午後9時より、Little Tokyo/Arts District 駅は2016年3月下旬まで閉鎖します。