Beginning Friday, June 10th at 8pm thru Monday, June 13th at 6am, the design-builder will implement a full closure of Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit and La Brea to install concrete decks. Lane reductions on Wilshire will start on Friday at 10am to begin street excavation and demolition.
The following detours will be in place:
- Eastbound Wilshire to northbound Fairfax to eastbound 6th st. to south bound La Brea to eastbound Wilshire
- Westbound Wilshire to northbound La Brea to westbound 6th to southbound Fairfax to westbound Wilshire
Metro and AVTA buses will use the following detour:
- Eastbound Wilshire to northbound Fairfax to eastbound 3rd st. to southbound La Brea to eastbound Wilshire
- Westbound Wilshire to northbound La Brea to westbound 3rd st. to southbound Fairfax to Westbound Wilshire
LADOT DASH FAIRFAX
- Eastbound 6th to southbound Cloverdale to westbound Wilshire.
TIME: Friday, June 10th – Monday, June 13th. Work hours: Friday, 8pm-Monday, 6am. Continuous through weekend
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
WHAT: La Brea Decking
- Signs will be in place for pedestrian detours. Pedestrians will be assisted by traffic control officers.
- For more information on Decking at La Brea, please visit http://mtro.la/kpzj300j0Bl
What to expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.