On Friday, December 16 from 8pm through Saturday, December 17 at noon, the k-rail and striping set up for the next jet grouting location at Wilshire Blvd./Windsor Blvd. will be implemented. The following key intermittent traffic control measures will be in place during the installation.
Set-up for jet grouting at Wilshire Blvd./Windsor Blvd. begins tonight at 8pm, continuing through Saturday, December 17th at noon. The following key intermittent traffic control measures will be in place during the installation:
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction with left turn restrictions between Crenshaw Blvd. and Arden Blvd.
- Right turns only at Lorraine Blvd., Windsor Ave., Arden Blvd. and Fremont Pl.
Following the traffic control installation, Wilshire Blvd. will be two lanes in each direction between Plymouth Blvd. and Lorraine Blvd. This will remain in place for approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Left turns from Windsor Blvd. to Wilshire Blvd. will be restricted, and through traffic on Windsor Blvd. at Wilshire Blvd. will be restricted. Additional intermittent closures will occur in the area to support the work.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Crenshaw and Plymouth off-peak hours, 9am - 3:30pm Tuesday-Friday.
Excavation and station work at La Brea Ave.
- Orange St. closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., south of Wilshire Blvd., 7am-11pm.
- Sycamore Ave. closed intermittently at Wilshire Blvd., south of Wilshire Blvd., 7am-11pm.
To install dewatering system, westbound Wilshire reduced to one lane intermittently between La Brea Ave. and Detroit St., southbound La Brea Ave. reduced to two lanes intermittently between 6th and 8th streets. Work hours are 8pm-11pm, Monday through Friday.
Piling and pile preparation work at Wilshire/Fairfax
- Orange Grove Ave closed just south of Wilshire Blvd from Tuesday 12/20-Friday 12/23. Work hours are 7am - 11pm with support activities as needed between 11pm - 7am.
- South side of Wilshire sidewalk closed just west of Fairfax. Signed pedestrian detour will be installed – business/residential access maintained. Work hours are 8am - 3:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).