Beginning Friday, May 19, jet grouting activities will continue on Wilshire Blvd. in a new location at Wilshire Blvd./Crenshaw Blvd. The jet grouting zone will be established in the center lane of Wilshire Blvd. using K-rail, fencing and sound blankets, as well as new road striping and traffic control. The work zones at Wilshire Blvd./Norton Ave. and Wilshire Blvd./St. Andrews Pl. will be removed the same weekend.
Jet grouting is a construction process that uses high-pressure air and grout to create a deep soil-concrete block. The purpose of jet grouting is to reinforce and strengthen the soil with concrete to support tunneling. Each operation will take approximately 8 to 12 weeks.
The following traffic control measures will be in place near Wilshire Blvd./Crenshaw Blvd:
- Wilshire Blvd. restricted to two lanes in each direction between Windsor Blvd. and Bronson Ave.
- Left turn restrictions will be enforced at Lorraine Blvd. and Irving Blvd. and from driveways along Wilshire Blvd. between Plymouth Blvd. and Bronson Ave. One left turn lane will be closed on northbound Crenshaw Blvd. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Temporary parking restrictions on Wilshire Blvd. between Plymouth Blvd.and Bronson Ave.
- Intermittent weekday and weekend off-peak hour closures will occur on Wilshire Blvd.
- Bus stops will be temporarily relocated in the area. Metro bus operations will announce the closures, add signage and publish detours.
We thank you for your patience during the construction of this major transportation project in your neighborhood.
- Construction within project staging yards is 24-hours/day.
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|