La Brea station excavation and the installation of geotechnical instrumentation will require a full closure of Sycamore Ave. from Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23, 7am to 11pm. Dewatering well maintenance will require westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between La Brea Ave. and Detroit from Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23, 9am to 3:30pm.
Station excavation and geotechnical instrumentation will occur from Monday, November 21 to Wednesday, November 23, 7am to 11pm.
- Sycamore full closure at Wilshire just south of Wilshire. Local access will be maintained from 8th St.
Dewatering well maintenance will occur Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23, 9am to 3:30pm.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between La Brea Ave. and Detroit St. Work will occur on the north side of Wilshire, including the north side sidewalk. Pedestrian detour signs will be posted. Five-foot wide’ ADA access will be maintained on the sidewalk.
Station excavation will continue in the La Brea staging yards through August of 2017.
- Station excavation: 7am-11pm
- Dewatering maintenance: 9am-3:30pm
WHEN: Monday, November 21 to Wednesday, November 23
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- A covered sidewalk will be erected to ensure public safety.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained. Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934