From Friday, November 18th at 9pm thru Sunday, November 20th at noon, traffic control on Wilshire Blvd. near Fairfax Ave. will be moved from the north side to the south side of Wilshire Blvd. This work site traffic control will allow piling and support activities for the Wilshire/Fairfax station to continue on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. Work will include moving k-rail and fencing, street restriping, signal work and restoration. Once the switch is complete, Wilshire Blvd. will remain open with two lanes in each direction, with left turn restrictions at Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
Closure: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. directional closure between Curson Ave. to just west of Fairfax Ave. Thru traffic will be detoured at La Brea Ave. with local access maintained on Wilshire Blvd. Traffic officers will be at intersections to assist traffic flow.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will reduce to two lanes starting at Hauser Blvd. leading up to the hard closure at Curson Ave. in the local access zone.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will reduce to one lane between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Spaulding Ave.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. left turn pocket closure at Wilshire Blvd. Southbound Fairfax Ave. right turn pocket closure at Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turn restrictions will be in place at northbound Ogden Dr. and Spaulding Ave. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd, to southbound La Brea Ave, to westbound Olympic Blvd, to northbound San Vicente Ave, to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
DATE: Friday, November 18th thru Sunday, November 20th
HOURS: Street Closure hours: 9pm Friday – 12 noon Sunday
720/20 Westbound Wilshire Buses will be detoured at La Brea.
- Bus Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd., to northbound San Vicente Blvd., to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
- 720/20 Buses will stop at the existing stops along La Brea and Olympic during this detour.
For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Sidewalk closures are intermittent and will not all be implemented concurrently.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934