From Saturday, November 12th thru Monday, November 14th drilling and setting of piles, as well as support activities such as concrete pours will continue in the Wilshire/Fairfax area. This weekend, piles for the future station at Fairfax Ave will be installed and maintained on either ends of the station box, to the east at Wilshire Blvd. and Ogden Dr., and just west of the Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. intersection. Closure: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. directional closure will be between Curson Ave. to just west of Fairfax Ave. Thru traffic will be detoured at La Brea Ave. with local access maintained on Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will reduce to two lanes between Hauser Blvd. and Curson Ave. leading up to the hard closure in the local access zone.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to one lane between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. left turn pocket closure at Wilshire Blvd. Southbound Fairfax Ave. right turn pocket closure at Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turn restrictions will be in place at northbound Ogden Dr. at Wilshire Blvd. and Spaulding Ave. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave., to westbound Olympic Blvd., to northbound San Vicente Blvd., to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
WHEN: Saturday, November 12 - Monday, November 14
- Closure hours: 4am Saturday - 6am Monday.
- Work hours: 8am to 11pm drilling, setting of piles, 11pm - 8am support activities.
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd/Fairfax Ave
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction will result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
720/20 Eastbound Wilshire Buses will be temporarily suspended on Wilshire between Fairfax and La Brea during this closure.
Bus Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd., to northbound San Vicente Blvd., to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
24/7 Hotline: 213.922.6934