On Saturday, November 12, the work site traffic control will be modified for jet grouting at Wilshire Blvd. and Arden Blvd. This operation will involve the placement of k-rail (concrete barriers) and street restriping to shift the work zone in the center-island of Wilshire Blvd. Two lanes of Wilshire Blvd. will remain open in each direction between Murfield Rd. and Plymouth Blvd. for approximately 4 to 6 weeks. Left turns from eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Rossmore Ave. will be restored. Left turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to Fremont Pl. will be closed. Additional intermittent closures will occur in the area to support the work.
The work on Saturday, November 12 will require the following intermittent lane reductions.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between Crenshaw Blvd. and Rossmore Ave.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. reduced to one lane between Rimpau Blvd. and Plymouth Blvd.
Once the traffic control is installed, work behind the k-rail will include saw cutting, pot holing, minor street demolition, drilling, usage of a generator and storage silo, and deliveries.
- Weekday Work Hours: 7am - 9pm
- Saturday Work Hours: 8am - 6pm
WHEN: Saturday, November 12 to Saturday, December 18
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd. and Rossmore Ave.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
Westbound Metro 20 at Wilshire/Lucerne will be temporarily out of service.