From Saturday, November 5th through Monday, November 7th, the drilling and setting of piles, and support activities such as concrete pours, will continue in the Wilshire/Fairfax area. This weekend, piles at Fairfax Ave. will be installed on both ends of the station box, to the east at Wilshire Blvd./Ogden Dr., and just west of the Wilshire Blvd./Fairfax Ave. intersection.
Closure: Westbound Wilshire Blvd. directional closure between Curson Ave. to just west of Fairfax Ave. Thru traffic will be detoured at La Brea Ave. with local access maintained on Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd. will reduce to two lanes between Hauser Blvd. and Curson Ave. leading up to the hard closure in the local access zone.
- Eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will reduce to one lane between Crescent Heights Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
- Northbound Fairfax Ave. left turn pocket closed to westbound Wilshire Blvd. Southbound Fairfax Ave. right turns restricted at Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turn restrictions will be in place at northbound Ogden Dr. and Spaulding Ave. at Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave.; Fairfax Ave., to westbound Olympic Blvd.; to northbound San Vicente Blvd.; to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
WHEN: Saturday, November 5th to Monday, November 7th, 2016
- Work hours: 8am-11pm: drilling, setting of piles
11pm-8am: support activities
- Closure hours: 4am Saturday – 6am Monday
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction will result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
720/20 Eastbound Wilshire Buses will be temporarily suspended on Wilshire between Fairfax and La Brea during this closure.
Bus Detour: Westbound Wilshire Blvd., to southbound La Brea Ave. to westbound Olympic Blvd., to northbound San Vicente Blvd., to westbound Wilshire Blvd.
24/7 Project Hotline: 213.922.6934