The design-builder will continue pile installation on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave. thru November 2016. This operation calls for piles within the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection and will require Fairfax Ave. weekend lane closures on weekends between now and November.
There will also be intermittent street closures on Wilshire Blvd. Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions:
- This weekend, pile installation work will require a northbound directional closure on Fairfax Ave. at Wilshire Blvd. from Saturday, October 29th at 3am thru Monday, October 31st at 6am.
- Right turns from northbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd. will remain open.
- Left turns restricted from northbound Fairfax Ave. to westbound Wilshire Blvd. and southbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
- Detour Route: Northbound Fairfax Ave. to eastbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound La Brea Ave. to westbound 6th St. to northbound Fairfax Ave.
- Right turns from westbound Wilshire Blvd. to northbound Fairfax Ave. will be restricted.
- Southbound Fairfax Ave. reduced to two lanes between Orange St. and Wilshire Blvd.
TIME: 7am-11pm: Drilling and piling work hours
11pm-7am: Support activities (concrete pours, secure plates, sound blanket and
The directional closure will be in place starting Sat., 10/29 at 3am thru Mon., 10/31 at 6am.
WHAT: Pile installation, north side of the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
Metro northbound 217 and DASH Fairfax will post stop relocations and announce relocations and detours to riders. Traffic officer support will be in place at the intersection.
24/7 Project Hotline - 213-922-6934
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.