Monday, October 17th -Friday, October 21st 7am-11pm
Orange Grove pile preparation: saw cutting, pot holing
- Orange Grove Ave. east side sidewalk closed between 8th St. and Wilshire Blvd. Northbound
- Orange Grove St. soft closure between 8th St. and Wilshire Blvd. A signed pedestrian detour will be installed.
Wednesday, October 19th - Thursday, October 21st 9am-3:30pm
Utility work saw cutting, chipping, removal and backfill
- Northbound Fairfax Ave right turn pocket closure at Wilshire.
- Eastside Fairfax Ave sidewalk closure between 8th and Wilshire.
Pile Installation West of Fairfax
Monday, October 17th – Friday, October 21st 7am-11pm
- Pile installation will occur on the north side of Wilshire between Fairfax and San Diego Way. Activities to support the piling will occur from 11pm-7am on an as needed basis. This work will require that the sidewalk on the north side of Wilshire between Fairfax and San Diego Way be temporarily closed with a signed pedestrian detour.
Demolition of 8471 Wilshire Blvd. and 14. N. La Cienega Blvd.
Monday, October 17th – Friday, October 21st from 8am-4pm
- Northbound La Cienega Blvd reduced to two lanes just north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound Wilshire Blvd reduced to two lanes between Hamilton Dr. and LA Cienega Blvd.
- North side of Wilshire Blvd sidewalk closed between Hamilton Dr. and La Cienega Blvd.
- Eastside of La Cienega Blvd sidewalk closed just north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Fairfax potholing: 7am-11pm
- Fairfax piling: 7am-11pm – support activities 11pm-7am as needed
- La Cienega Demo: 8am-4pm WHEN: Monday, October 17 – Friday, October 21
WHERE: Wilshire/Fairfax, Wilshire/La Cienega
WHAT: Potholing, Piling, Demolition
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Metro 105 and 705 bus stop relocated on La Cienega/Wilshire. Signs posted with temp stop location.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
24/7 Project Hotline: 213-922-6934