Beginning Friday, October 21st and continuing for approximately one month during night and weekend hours, Metro contractors will be performing underground utility investigations for Section 3 of the Purple Line Extension. Work will consist of excavation, trenching, installation of traffic control devices and trench plates.
Anticipated start date is October 21, 2016 and last for approximately 1 month.
- Monday through Thursday (8PM to 6AM)
- Friday (10PM) to Saturday (8AM)
- Saturday (8AM) to Sunday (6PM)
- Westbound/Eastbound Wilshire Blvd., between Veteran Ave. and Westwood Blvd.
- Northbound/Southbound Gayley, between Lindbrook Dr. and Wilshire Blvd.
- Northbound/Southbound Westwood, between Lindbrook Dr. and Wilshire Blvd.
What to Expect
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access to driveways, homes & businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of construction zones.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Temporary lane closures will be required; detours with signage will be implemented.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the work zone.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call the 24/7 hotline at (213) 922-6934.
- Driveway closures will be coordinated with each building and notifications will be sent in advance.
- Anticipate lane reductions and left turn restrictions.
- 24/7 hotline: (213) 922-6934