Phase 3 weekend decking closures of Wilshire Blvd., east of La Brea Ave. to Highland Ave. is currently on-going. The full closure will begin Friday, October 7th at 9pm and end early on Sunday, October 9th morning at 2am. Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained. Note: There will be no early lane reductions on Friday prior to the full closure being implemented.
The following detours will be in place beginning 9pm Friday, October 7th until 2am Sunday, October 9th:
• Westbound Wilshire: Northbound Highland Ave., Westbound 6th St., Southbound La Brea Ave., Westbound Wilshire Blvd.
• Eastbound Wilshire: Northbound La Brea Ave., Eastbound 6th St., Southbound Highland Ave., Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
720/20 Bus Detours:
• Westbound Wilshire Blvd., Southbound Crenshaw Blvd., Westbound Olympic Blvd., Northbound La Brea Ave., Westbound Wilshire Blvd.
• Eastbound Wilshire Blvd., Southbound La Brea Ave., Eastbound Olympic Blvd., Northbound Crenshaw Ave., Eastbound Wilshire Blvd.
• Visit www.metro.net/purplelineext decking landing page for a list of locations to board a bus.
TIME: 9pm Friday to 2am Sunday. (No early lane reductions on Friday prior to full closure of Wilshire Blvd.)
WHERE: Wilshire Blvd, East of La Brea Ave. to Highland Ave.
WHAT: Phase 3 La Brea Decking For more information please go to: https://www.metro.net/projects/notices/la-brea-avenue-decking/
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone. Temporary fencing will be erected to ensure public safety.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Construction may result in changes to bus routes and stop locations. Metro will post signs at affected stops to advise riders of alternative boarding locations. Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Signs will be in place for pedestrian detours. Pedestrians will be assisted by traffic control officers.
Flaggers and traffic officers will be dispatched to strategic locations to facilitate traffic movement.